Sunday 18 January 2015

Bunji Garlin Representing Soca music, the happiest music on Earth (Good Vibes, Love Carnival) Soaka Special


So I ain’t gonna lie, I am probably the most biased person since I have Trini and Jamaican blood running through my veins. But I feel like somebody needs to put this out there, you just can’t not smile and have a good time when you allow Soca to take over. Carnival time in London is magical, you can be the most pessimistic person, but the moment you hear that Soca banging in your ear drums, something forces your body to dance. Your body simply can’t contain all of the good vibes, and has to burn it off. Just Google Police dancing at… That’s all you need to type, and the next words to come up will be Carnival. Nothing but love.


Personally, I feel like if we are gonna conquer terrorism, and war on Earth, we just need to make everyday carnival, in every City, of every country in the world. I’m sure terrorists and criminals dance too. I grew up on Soca music myself, but that doesn’t take from how much joy it spreads. I’ve never seen White people, black people, Asians, and the police all get down together in one place and just dance like nobody was watching, except at Carnival. If you havn’t been, ignore the rumors, it will be the happiest time of your life. Bunji Garlin although he’s been around since I can remember, he is a pioneer of this new school Soaka style. I don’t want to scare you away with traditional Soca, although it’s amazing. Bunji Garlin is bringing our humble music to the mainstream, and to be honest, I am proud of him. Keep up the good work holmes. Everybody else, keep a smile on your face, and meet me at Carnival this year, only 8 months to go until Nottinghill Carnival, jeeez.

No comments:

Post a Comment